Hair Transplant in HIV Positive Hair Patients
The problem of hair loss and baldness, which negatively affects the social life of people, may develop due to biological and genetic factors and the deficiency of some minerals. Hair follicles, which are very sensitive, are affected by the disorders that occur in the body, and in some cases, hair loss is also considered as a symptom of various diseases.
HIV-positive patients are also one of the patient groups experiencing intense hair loss. In this group of patients, hair loss can be seen as a side effect of drugs that are more commonly used together with stress and psychological reasons.
Why Is Your Hair Shedding?
Lupus erythematousus, secondary syphilis, hypothyroidism, hyperioid and HIV positive patients are also known as patient groups experiencing intense hair loss. HIV-positive patients are also one of the patient groups experiencing intense hair loss. In this group of patients, hair loss can be seen as a side effect of drugs that are more commonly used together with stress and psychological reasons. Due to the psychological pressure of the chronic disease, HIV-positive patients may be affected by hair loss more than healthy individuals.
What Is Hiv and Why Does It Happen?
Hiv, or “Human Immunodeficiency Virus”, is defined as a virus that attacks the immune system, that is, the body’s defense system. The immune system of HIV-positive diseases is so weak that it becomes impossible for the body to fight against the simplest virus. If this condition is not treated, the person’s immune system collapses, leading to AIDS. HIV is transmitted from mother to child through unprotected sexual intercourse, blood, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding.
What Should Be Done Before Deciding on Hair Transplantation in Hiv Positive Patients?
HIV-positive patients mostly live their lives by arranging their lives according to this disease, because in the ordinary course of life, there are various situations that are closely related to this disease and require precautions, such as getting an injection, having a tooth pulled, etc. The points to be considered in the treatment of HIV-positive hair transplantation, which are highly conscious of protecting themselves and others, can be listed as follows:
- Itisnecessary to control the patient’s immune system. Problems that may occur in the immune system due to HIV disease should be checked by the doctor following the patient and approval must be obtained for hair transplantation.
- Itisnecessary to obtain information about the hygiene conditions of the clinic where hair transplantation treatment will be performed. If possible, clinics that serve HIV-positive patients and have experience in this field should be preferred.
- Necessarypreparations should be made for possible infections after the operation. Like patients who have had a hair transplant, HIV-positive patients should rest in isolation at home for the following week after the procedure and avoid being in environments where they can become infected.
Precautions to be taken before and after hair transplantation in HIV-positive patients
- Itisnecessary to pay more attention to the hygiene conditions before and after the hair transplantation process.
- Protectyour immune system before hair transplantation, if you feel any discomfort, inform your doctor and postpone the procedure if necessary.
- Takethenecessary precautions to avoid exposure to any viral disease.
- Afterhair transplantation, it is beneficial to keep your contact with the outside world at a minimum level, especially in the first seven days of the recovery period.
- Tryto sleep regularly and avoid alcohol and cigarettes as they may affect your immune system.
Hair transplantation treatment is applied to many domestic and foreign HIV-positive patients in Turkey every year. These procedures are known as reliable clinics with their staff, equipment and high hygiene conditions.